AAC support was broken due to ffmpeg deprecating the currently-used libfaac transcoder. Reworked to test for the new one.

Review Request #130142 - Created May 26, 2017 and updated

Information
Russell Andres
amarok
Reviewers
amarok

Working AAC format detection and transcoding option. I have to admit that most of this work was done by a helpful user on the Ubuntu forums, but I have tested the patch. See https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2348624&page=2&p=13642704#post13642704 for the original discovery of the bug. It is also on the Amarok bug list at https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=374670#c11

I patched Amarok 2.8.4 and then compiled Amarok. I then tested to see if AAC transcoding worked. The option appeared and it did indeed transcode to AAC format. I also updated the patch to work with the latest version from Git here at KDE (however the patch had been created, it was not in git format).

Myriam Schweingruber

Hm, what is Amarok 2.8.4? That is not a release version number I am familar with.

Are you the same person who comments on the bug? Did you test this patch, e.g. does Amarok build and does it pass all the unit tests?

  1. Yes, I am. I installed the patch on the Ubuntu package source. I was having trouble getting Amarok to build (specifically, utter failure), with or without the patch. Since the main part of the change is in the test for AAC transcoding capability, I decided to test it on the Ubuntu version, which is closely based on this one, but which had build instructions and an easy installation method built-in (since I could then just use the package manager to get dependencies and install).

    The tests seem to have worked, and Amarok certainly transcoded to AAC format. I am afraid that I can't probably help test further on the latest version until I can figure out what I need to install as build dependencies and what options I need to give it to compile, though.

Loading...