Plasma 5 color picker plasmoid
Review Request #124923 - Created Aug. 25, 2015 and submitted
|Kai Uwe Broulik|
This is a rewrite of the old kolourpicker plasmoid, albeit a bit prettier.
Clicking the "drop" (it's color-picker, I would expect a pipette icon) enters picker mode, where you can click anywhere on the screen and have the color code (in a format you can configure) copied to your clipboard.
Clicking the color blob opens the history, showing the recentmost 9 colors (so it's a nice grid) which allow copying their respective color codes in various formats.
Activating the plasmoid (pressing the configured shortcut) will by default enter color picking mode, alternatively it brings up the popup like any other plasmoid.
- I have the impression that the color picker is off by one pixel horizontally (QRect weirdness? or our Breeze crosshair cursor?)
- I didn't test with multiple screens
1. The two icons in the Plasmoid look like they're two separate Plasmoids, which is confusing. They should be more visually connected (we're still brainstorming ideas for how to do this in the VDG)
2. Latex color doesn't have anything to do with fetish, but it's the color code that LaTeX uses (see https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Colors#Color_Models ). I don't know how many LaTeX users actually need this, but it might be premature to just remove it.
- Pick correct coordinates with QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO
- Fix first pick not being registered
- Restore LaTeX color
Revision 2 (+801 -648)