Plasma-Active: Implement a launcher for Plasma Active
Review Request #119193 - Created July 9, 2014 and submitted
The new launcher supports the following:
- it can show the applications
- it can open an application.
- The IconGrid is returning a wrong index, so we are not opening the application, in which we clicked.
- The IconGrid scrolling seems broken.
- The TextField component doesn't get the correct focus.(open a kate in the background, go into the launcher, the input goes to kate, not to the TextField)
- The KServiceTypeTrader::self()->query("Application"), returns back plugins which they are not applications.
Hmm just looking at the list of issues, could you maybe look at the codebases for Kicker (Application Menu) and Folder for inspiration? Kicker has a application model as well (relevant for your KServiceTypeTrader problem) and Folder is an icon view that has to solve mapping mouse coordinates to the view's content item (your "launching wrong index" problem). Always good to look at examples that solve similar problems already :).
The pages should show the proper icons now after the last commit.
launching by index can't work, because there are proxy models involved, so never do that.
exposing the desktopfile storageid and using that to launch should be fine.
anywyas, i need this pushed, even if has sill some way to go, or i can't work on it :p