Add KAccounts support to the dav resource
Review Request #116558 - Created March 3, 2014 and submitted
If compiled with KAccounts support and configure to use it, the resource will fetch credentials and host using libaccounts in order to build the urls. Support for "editing" is not done, that will be done in 4.14 since it requires better kaccounts-integration. To the release team, I would like to add this change to 4.13, it won't do anything except compiled with libaccounts and even so only if the resource is configured to use it.
The Beta 1 of 4.13 is on Wednesday. Can the maintainer of the code affected by this give a evaluation of how "dangerous" this patch is and his recommendation for the Freeze exception?
Review request changed
Removed kDebug that revealed the credentials, uups!
Revision 2 (+171)
For the release time, I would like to give some feedback on how this patch can break things (given that we are already way pass freeze). The first thing this patch does is adding two extra settings called "AccountId" and "AccountServices". By default these settings are empty and unless initialized to some value this patch will do nothing. In the case that those settings are set, then we create "urls". This url have a type build in that indicates mostly from where the password is fetched. The url created by this patch have the type "accounts" and this patch will affect only the urls create by this patch. To put it short this patch does not affect the workflow of the code for urls (dav servers) that are not configured by this patch. So, if we imagine that my patch is bugged to the point where it makes the resource crash, it won't affect other instances of the resource.
I don't understand DAV enough to be able to tell whether the new code is correct, but it looks OK to me and it will not impact resource functionality when using the standard authentication methods (via resource's configuration dialog), so the resource will work even if the new code has some bugs.
With my Release Team member hat i don't oppose to this change ending up in 4.13. Please wait until wednesday mid-day to see if anyone has any opposing comment and if not feel free to commit it to 4.13 before the Beta 2 tag.